Monday, July 26, 2010

Rubrics by Virginia Elliot

 


Rubrics

rubrics do not replace good teaching
Students help design rubric.
Revise the rubric as the year goes by,
deleting, adding,
a rubric needs to be subject, development level appropriate


a rubric clarifies goals
a rubric designs instruction
a rubric communicates goals
a rubric guides feedback
a rubric guides the final product

a rubric can be used for
self evaluation
peer evaluation
teacher evaluation
ongoing evaluation
high lighted evaluation


Is the rubric valid?
Is the rubric reliable?
Is the rubric equal?

And yea for rubric web sites!!!!!!!

Did I hear behavior rubrics?


50 years ago my cousin said,
"All I learned to do in school today was stand in that stupid old line."

Hmm. Put that into a rubric?

1 comment:

  1. Your voice really comes through in this Rubric - I can imagine your laughter, too! Makes me chuckle!

    ReplyDelete