Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Cheryl Kintner's Response to Our Awesome Workshops!

Lupe demonstrating how to use Writer's Notebooks.

 Beginning Writers need some extra help. I have a list of ideas that I can use. Spelling ideas for young writers is also helpful. Writing with music is possible. Responses written while listening to music would be a wonderful way to do a prompt. Handwriting in young children can be difficult to correct. Using strategies from Handwriting Without Tears, provides unique ways to help children. These were new to me. Picture books are wonderful ways to teach and provide writing examples for children. Writer's notebooks were introduced as ways to grow writing in students. I would like to use notebooks with my students. I think it would be really fun to personalize these notebooks in some way. I also appreciated the possible ways of grading a journal. My workshop was writing in the social studies area and I think I'll use the writing ideas and story ideas to expand the reading of Molly's Pilgrim.

No comments:

Post a Comment